Redefining the standard for laboratory management, Denise Harmening, along with 31 contributors, provides insight and guidance into the principles of laboratory operations. Key features include: chapter outlines, educational objectives, opening case studies, study guide questions, key terms, summary charts, and problem-based learning activities.
Twenty chapters are divided into five major areas: Principles of Laboratory Management, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Operations, and Strategies for Career Success.
Unique to this book are chapters on Quality Management in the Laboratory, Education and Training, the Cost of Quality, Ethical Issues in Laboratory Management, Career Planning and Professional Development, and a glossary.
Dr. Denise Harmening’s third edition of Laboratory Management: Principles & Processes is appropriate whether you are a student or an experienced manager, using this text as a reference or for teaching.
The third edition of Laboratory Management contains a thorough coverage of:
- Quality Management in the Laboratory
- Organizational Structure: A Look at Concepts and Models
- Principles of Leadership: Past, Present, and Future
- Management Functions
- Managerial Decision-Making and Process Improvement
- Human Resource Guidelines and Regulations
- Job Analysis, Work Descriptions, and Work Groups
- Performance Evaluation and Development
- Education & Training: Practical Tips for Educators and Trainers
- Fundamentals of Financial Management
- Cost/ Benefit Analysis
- Effective Budgeting in the Laboratory: Practical Tips
- The Cost of Quality
- Healthcare Reimbursement
- Compliance Issues—The Regulations
- Process Designs—Workflow & Staffing
- Laboratory Information Systems: Flexibility Is the Key to Modernization
- Marketing Concepts
- Ethical Issues in Laboratory Management
- Career Planning & Professional Development
A Laboratory Management CyberCourseTM that includes PowerPoints, Discussion Board Case Histories, Learning Units, and Exams is available only to professors that have adopted Laboratory Management: Principles & Processes, third edition for their class.
Professors: You may receive* Instructor Resources (CyberCourseTM) after verification of your adoption. Please email: email@example.com for details.
* Free for Class Adoptions* when 10 or more books are purchased from this website, if less than 10 the cost is $150.00.